When your audience needs a breath of fresh air, a dose of new ideas, and a bout of energy!
Ann interprets the stories we tell ourselves. She explores the emotional context leaders require to create behavioral transformation in ever-changing environments. Her in-the-trenches, real-world stories and innovative solutions offer hardcore content within our reach. Ann explores how the art of management intersects with behavioral economics to unveil how we hold ourselves back when faced with complexity. And her irreverence, upbeat humor, and energetic style keep audiences engaged while she delivers hard truths about why we react the way we do in day-to-day interactions.
Ann is ideal when your audience:
- is faced with tough challenges
- needs to be nimble in the face of bureaucracy
- needs to make a difference with unpredictable people, situations, and environments
- feels stuck in the middle
- needs fresh ideas for navigating complex bureaucratic settings
- needs to implement and execute big initiatives and complex strategies
- is ready to be brilliant
Speaking Testimonial - August 2012
"When you have Ann Tardy in to speak to your group – whether it is for a Conference Room with 10 people or an auditorium with 2000 people– you had better buckle your seat belt and get ready for the ride of your life! After our management staff spent 8 weeks collectively studying and implementing the valuable offerings of her book, “Moxie for Managers” – we decided to invite Ann to speak to our team and share some overriding themes and reinforce the key constructs of the book. WOW!!! Did we ever get what we asked for – have you ever tried to drink from a FIRE HOSE?!! Ann is incredible, and her passion for effective team management runs very deep, while her career credentials assure irrefutable confidence that she has BEEN THERE!!! So if you are looking for someone who is simultaneously engaging, enthralling, and just downright entertaining – Ann Tardy is IT!"
Gary Lichtenheld, President
Terrace Supply Company
Joy is a Leader’s Job
Elevating Effectiveness by Kindling Exuberance
You reap the culture you sow. You either get to enjoy the workforce you create or suffer the consequences of those you ignore or abuse. What if cultivating joy was your responsibility? What if every day you were first and foremost concerned with fostering delight in your work and in your interactions with others? What difference would that make to your results? Your people are on your side. It's time to start reciprocating. It’s time to re-engage in your own job. It’s time to love your job as a leader.
Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
Leveraging the Power of Succession Strategy for Organizational Agility
We succeed on the shoulders of others. Every leader at every level of the organization arrived on the shoulders of prior leaders. With this comes the responsibility for accelerating the success of leaders who will come after you. Through intentional succession strategy, you can create the legacy upon which the organization depends. When it’s effective and intentional, it is powerfu.l
Rousing the Remarkable
Influencing Greatness in a Complacent World
Organizations are starved for managers who can lead nimbly and make a difference from the middle. When innovation, progress, and brilliance matter, it’s time to unleash the remarkable in yourself and those around you. In this keynote Ann explores what people love about their jobs, how their managers influence their success, and what makes them take actions without referring to the employee handbook. Managers, it’s time to start influencing instead of motivating, transforming instead of transacting, and innovating instead of idling. The opportunity for middle leadership to shine is now!
- Relentless Communication 7 Strategies for Communicating with Intention, Clarity, and Effectiveness
- Navigating Conflict, Winning at Confrontation Confronting the Challenge instead of Cowering from the Crisis
- The Art of Asking with Confidence, Conviction, and Success
- Bosses are like a Box of Chocolates Strategies for Managing Up to Lead Down
- The Platinum Handshake Building Your Network with Strength, Flexibility, and Class
- Making Teamwork Work Partnering with Others for Crazy Success on the Team, with your Job, and in your Career
Creating Successful Leaders
- Innovation ~ Essential Tools to Move any Team from Mediocre to Magnificent
- Follow the Leader! 8 Essential Leadership Skills for Up-and-Coming Leaders
- It’s OK to be the Boss Essential Skills & Strategies for New Managers, Wannabes, and Gonnabees
- Obtaining and Sharing Essential Feedback Growing Professionally and Personally from Perspective
- Can You Hear Me Now? Turn up the Volume on Your Influence
- Why Mentoring Matters 7 Essential Steps to Move from Missed Opportunity to Strategic Competitive Advantage
- Career Warfare! 7 Strategies for Cultivating your Career Brand and Becoming More Promotable
- Is this the Job I Ordered? Career Development Strategies for When You’re Overwhelmed with Work
- Relentless Self-Promotion Promoting Your Ideas, Your Projects and Yourself
- Got Moxie? 9 Strategies for Taking Your Life by the Horns!
- Conquering the Clock Using Critical Time Choices to Regain Control of our Overbooked Schedules and Overloaded Lives
- Saying it So it Sticks. Crafting Savvy Content for Powerful Presentations to any Size Audience
- Encore! Encore! 10 Strategies for Becoming an Unforgettable Presenter
- Dump the New Year’s Resolutions! How to Use Actionable Goals to Drive Your Year, Your Career, Your Teams, and Yourself Forward